Current as at: August 2023
The planning process for the Queenscliff project includes two development applications, covering the following:
- subdivision of the site into three residential lots, and a fourth lot which is the site of the former Queenscliff health centre.
- adaptive reuse of the former Queenscliff health centre into affordable and diverse housing.
Both applications were lodged with the Northern Beaches Council, who referred them to the independent Sydney North Planning Panel for assessment. Both applications have now been approved and can be viewed by searching the following numbers on Council’s website.
- DA/2021/1914 (subdivision development application)
- DA/2021/1912 (adaptive re-use development application)
Subject to approval, works to subdivide the site will start towards the end of 2023. These works will include:
- clearing the existing car park and replacing with topsoil and grass
- creating a driveway
- removal of some vegetation (according to approvals) and infrastructure
- laying sewer pipes.
We will share a further update prior to works starting, including how we’ll manage any impacts such as dust and noise.
Previous community engagement
In November 2020, we offered online meetings for residents to talk with the project team.
The main themes from these discussions were:
- the number of car parking spaces that would be provided
- the loss of some trees on site
- the amount of affordable housing that the project would deliver
- a better understanding of construction timelines and involvement of the successful Community Housing Provider in future engagement activities.
We thank those residents who participated in these meetings and for their interest in the project.