Board of Directors deputy Chair, Suzanne Jones, said Mr Brogden would lead the business for six months until a permanent appointment was made.
“John will help reshape the direction of Landcom, which is focused on improving housing supply, diversity and affordability in Sydney and NSW,” Ms Jones said.
Mr Brogden has overseen many of Landcom’s projects in his role as Chairman of the Board of Directors at UrbanGrowth NSW, and previously Landcom, since 2012. He has stepped down as Chairman to take on the interim Chief Executive Officer role.
“Landcom is synonymous with delivering housing supply, particularly in Western Sydney, at a time when population growth is putting enormous pressure on our city,” Mr Brogden said.
“Our mandate from the NSW Government is very clear and we will build on our past successes as the former NSW Land Commission, and more recently as UrbanGrowth NSW, to improve affordability, supply and diversity in housing.”
“I look forward to working with all of our stakeholders, and in particular all of the team at Landcom, as we embark on a new chapter in the organisation’s history.”
With Mr Brogden taking on his interim role, the Landcom Board of Directors will begin the recruitment process for a permanent Chief Executive Officer with the relevant credentials to lead an organisation focused on improving the supply, diversity and affordability of new housing in Sydney and NSW.
- Appointed Chair of Landcom in January 2012
- Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Institute of Company Directors from 2015 to 2017. Prior to this, John was CEO of the Financial Services Council from 2009 to 2015, and CEO of Manchester Unity from 2006 to 2008
- He is currently Chairman of Lifeline Australia and Furlough House Retirement Village. John is also the patron of Sailability Pittwater, Bilgola Surf Lifesaving Club, Avalon Beach Surf Lifesaving Club and Kookaburra Kids
- John’s previous non-executive directorships include Abacus Australian Mutuals (Chairman), BBI – The Australian Institute of Theological Education (Chairman), Sydney Ports Corporation, Australian Private Health Insurance Association and the Australian Friendly Societies Association
- From 1996 to 2005, John was the Member for Pittwater in the NSW Parliament. In 2002, John was elected Leader of the Opposition – the youngest person ever to hold the role and lead a major political party in Australia
- John holds a Masters of Public Affairs from the University of Sydney and is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.