Landcom 2019 Healthy and Inclusive Places Survey & Competition
PART A – GENERAL TERMS
1. These are the Terms & Conditions of entry for the Landcom 2019 Healthy & Inclusive Places Survey (‘Survey’) and Competition. They include information on how to enter the Competition and be eligible to receive prizes for the completion of the Landcom 2019 Healthy & Inclusive Places Survey (Competition’).
2. Participating and completing the Survey constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of entry.
3. A participant of the Competition (Entrant) must comply with these terms and conditions of entry for their entry to be valid.
PART B – LANDCOM’S DETAILS
4. Landcom ABN 79 260 268 688 of Level 14, 60 Station Street, Sydney NSW 2150 (Landcom) is the promoter and judge of the Landcom 2018 Healthy & Inclusive Places Survey and Competition.
PART C – WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE SURVEY
5. Only residents of the following nominated Landcom residential communities/projects are invited to participate in the Survey :
- Ebsworth and Ovo (Green Square Town Centre)(Associated Party – Mirvac)
- Macarthur Heights (Associated Party – Western Sydney University)
- Oran Park (Associated Party – Greenfield Development Company)
- East Village (Spring Farm)
(Nominated Landcom Residential Communities)
6. The Survey commences at 9am on Monday, 19 April 2019 and closes at 5pm on Friday, 17 May 2019 (Survey Period)
PART D – THE COMPETITION
7. The competition has two components as follows:
(a) Part 1: The first 100 entrants in each Nominated Landcom Residential Communities to complete the Survey and submit with their postal address, will receive a guaranteed $4.00 voucher to be redeemed at a participating local coffee shops situated in or near each Nominated Landcom Residential Community (Voucher). The Vouchers will be delivered to the Entrant by post so a postal address is required when the Survey response is provided. This part is not a prize draw.
(b) Part 2: To win a $500 Eftpos gift card, Entrants in each Nominated Landcom Residential Community may choose to enter the Landcom 2019 Healthy and Inclusive Places Survey Competition by answering the following question in 25 words or less:
- Please describe what you think a great park would look like. This includes playgrounds, bicycle paths, amenities buildings and other features of parks. (Entry)
PART E – WHO CAN ENTER
8. Entry is open to residents of the Nominated Landcom Residential Communities only.
9. Entrants must be at least 18 years or older and a resident of one of the Nominated Landcom Residential Community.
10. Staff of Landcom, the Associated Parties listed above and any consultants, agents or contractors acting on Landcom’s behalf in respect to this Survey and Competition are ineligible to respond to the Survey or enter the Competition, as are their Immediate Families. ‘Immediate Families’ means any of the following: spouse (including same sex spouse), ex- spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, natural or adopted sibling, whether or not they live in the same household.
11. The Competition commences at 9am on Monday, 15 April 2019 and closes at 5pm on Friday, 17 May 2019 Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) (‘Competition Period’). Any Entries received after the Competition Period will not be judged and will be deemed ineligible to receive a prize.
12. Entries must not contain any offensive or inappropriate content. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is an original and unpublished work and does not infringe the rights of any other person. Further, Entrants agree that Landcom has an unrestricted, irrevocable, transferable, divisible right and licence to use and modify their entry for the purpose of Landcom’s business without the payment of any fee or compensation.
13. A completed Survey or Entry cannot be changed or modified after it has been submitted.
14. Entry in the Competition is free (excluding internet connection charges).
15. Only one Entry is permitted per person to Part 1 of the Competition and only one Entry is permitted per person to Part 2 of the Competition. Landcom reserves the right to verify the validity of all Entries. If multiple Surveys from the same person are received, only the first Entry will considered, any and all subsequent Entries will be deemed invalid.
16. Landcom accepts no responsibility for Entries not received by the closing date for any reason whatsoever. The time of Entry will in each case be the time the Entry is received by Landcom’s database and not the time of transmission by the Entrant. Landcom, its consultants, agents or contractors acting on Landcom’s behalf in respect to this Survey and Competition will not be liable for any lost, late or misdirected Surveys, including any delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
17. The Entrant agrees to sign any further documentation required by Landcom to give effect to this arrangement as a precondition to being awarded a prize in the Part 2 Competition. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry.
18. Entrants that do not submit a completed Survey in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry and any incomplete Surveys will be deemed invalid and ineligible to receive a prize.
19. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify Landcom in respect to the change in their personal information.
20. All Entrants warrant to Landcom that the above entry requirements have been met.
PART F – HOW TO WIN
21. All completed Entries for Part 2 submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry will be judged at the office of Landcom at Level 14, 60 Station Street, Parramatta NSW 2152 by 30 June 2019.
22. Landcom’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding. Landcom will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result, including in the event of a dispute.
23. In respect to Part 1 of the Competition, the first 100 respondents in each Nominated Landcom Residential Community who complete the survey and submit with their postal address will win a guaranteed prize, being a Voucher valued at $4.
24. The following terms and conditions of entry apply to Part 1 as follows:
(a) Only one Voucher will be given per survey respondent;
(b) Entrants must be a resident of one of the Nominated Landcom Residential Communities listed in Clause 5 of Part C; and
(c) Completion and submission of the survey with a postal address within the specified time frame is mandatory.
25. Part 2 of the Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
26. In selecting the winning Entrant of Part 2 of the Competition, Entries from residents of each Nominated Landcom Residential Community will be judged on individual merit, including the originality, clarity, composition and creativity of the response to the survey question in Clause 7(b) of Part D of these Terms and Conditions.
27. The content of all Entries become and will remain the property of Landcom and Entrants waive any right or claim that they might have to inspect or approve any products or copy developed or used by Landcom in connection with their Entry.
PART G – PRIZES
28.Part 1 - There are up to one hundred (100) $4 Vouchers to be won in each Nominated Landcom Residential Communities in Part 1 of the Competition, with one $4 Voucher awarded to each winning Entrant.
29. Part 2 - There is one $500 Eftpos gift card (Prize) per Nominated Landcom Residential Community to be won in respect to Part 2 of the Competition with one $500 Eftpos gift card awarded to the winning Entrant in each Nominated Landcom Residential Community.
30. For enquiries about the Prizes, their delivery, activation or redemption please contact Rewards Come True Phone 1800 446 347 or https://indigo.cometrue.com.au/.
31. The Prizes are also subject to such terms and conditions of use as may be imposed by Rewards Come True.
32. Landcom does not accept any liability or assume any responsibility in any way arising out of, or in relation to, the use of the Prizes, or for any card faults or defects or if the Entrant is unable to use the Prize for any reason including if the Prize is damaged, out of date or lost.
33. The Prizes (including any unused portion) must be taken as stated, and are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Landcom will not be liable in the event that the winning entrant does not take, or is unable to use, their Prize or any portion of it for any reason.
34. Those who are eligible to receive the Voucher in Part 1 of the Competition will be notified by post to their nominated residential address usually within fourteen (14) days of submitting their Entry but in any case before 31 May 2019. Instructions will be provided as to how to claim the Voucher and establish his/her entitlement to it. Entrants grant Landcom permission to communicate with them by post and/or email for this purpose.
35. Those who are eligible to receive a Prize in Part 2 of the Competition will be notified by their nominated e-mail by 30 June 2019. Instructions will be provided as to how to claim the Prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. Entrants grant Landcom permission to communicate with them by e-mail and/or telephone for this purpose.
36. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the Prize. Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winning entrant.
37. If the Prizes or the Vouchers are unavailable for reasons beyond Landcom’s control, Landcom, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize or Voucher with a prize or voucher of equal or greater monetary value, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
38. In participating in the Competition, each winning Entrant agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial and media/PR activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. Each winning Entrant authorises the Promoter to use such footage and photographs together with the Entrant’s name, voice, video entry, image and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide without additional compensation or further reference to the winning Entrant.
PART G – UNCLAIMED PRIZES
39. Subject to any relevant legislation regulating the Competition, if a Prize is not claimed by the winning entrant within 3 months of the date of the draw, the Prize will be deemed unclaimed and forfeited.
PART H – NO LIABILITY
40. The Prize may come with guarantees from the Prize provider that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If those guarantees are not complied with, then you will have rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to those guarantees and rights, Landcom shall not be liable, and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss and any loss arising out of a claim by a third party) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition, or the use of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law including as provided for under the Australian Consumer Law.
41. Landcom assumes no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by an Entrant or due to any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition including any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
42. If for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Landcom which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition), Landcom reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who undermines the fairness of the competition (by, for example, tampering with, or using or exploiting errors in, the entry process to obtain a competitive advantage over other Entrants), to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any direction given under state regulations, or any written directions given by a relevant regulatory authority.
43. Once the Prize has left Landcom’s premises, Landcom takes no responsibility for the Prize being damaged, stolen or lost.
44. Landcom reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who Landcom has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions of entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. Landcom’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
45. This Competition may be conducted using social media which may be based outside Australia. Information posted, tagged or commented on, including photographs may be transferred to this company’s server outside Australia. By entering this Competition you agree to this transfer.
46. This Survey & Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or any other social network, Entrants acknowledge that:
a. any information they provide in connection with the Survey is provided to Landcom and not to Facebook or any other social network; and
b. any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to Landcom, not to Facebook or any other social network; and
c. Entrants release Facebook and any other social network and their associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion and use or publication of the image.
PART I – PRIVACY AND COLLECTION NOTICE
47. Landcom will collect your personal information directly from you wherever practicable.
48. Landcom is collecting your personal information in order to conduct the Survey and Competition. Your personal information and the data produced it will also be used by Landcom to conduct research to improve our projects and to inform Landcom about the effectiveness of its sustainability policies, targets, accreditation and strategies and to administer the Competitions.
49. If you provide your name, address and/or email address to Landcom as part of responding to the Survey questions and entering the Competition, your name, address and/or email address will not be linked to your response to the Survey questions but will be used to communicate with you about the outcome of the survey in terms of aggregated data analysis, to communicate the outcome of the Competition or to invite you to participate in any follow-up or future surveys on the same topic.
50. Respondents can opt out of further emails about the Survey at any time, using the link provided on such emails.
51. The data produced from your personal information relating to Landcom’s sustainability targets, accreditation and strategies will be aggregated and de-identified before disclosure.
52. If you have any questions regarding the collection, use, disclosure and storage of your personal information, including questions regarding your right of access to or correction of your personal information, please contact by email at: Privacy firstname.lastname@example.org and or by post to Right to Information & Privacy Officer, Landcom, PO Box 237 Parramatta NSW 2152.