Your Right to Information
Landcom complies with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (‘GIPA Act’) which regulates the provision of information by public sector organisations in New South Wales to members of the public.
The GIPA Act was established to provide an open and transparent process for giving the public access to government information. Under the GIPA Act, members of the public have a right to access government information, except where there is an overriding public interest against releasing that information.
Information provided by Landcom
Landcom provides a range of information on our website about our organisation and our projects, in a readily accessible format. We also proactively release information that may be of interest to the public, including through media releases and electronic newsletters.
The following open access information is available on the Landcom website free of charge:
- Landcom Agency Information Guide, which describes our structure, functions, how those functions affect the community, the type of information we hold and how the information is available
- Landcom Policies, which provides a summary of the organisation's policies that affect members of the public
- a disclosure log of information previously released in response to formal access applications under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (the GIPA Act) that may be of interest to other members of the public
- a register of contracts with a value of $150,000 or more that Landcom has with private sector organisations and which are required to be disclosed under the GIPA Act
- Landcom Annual Report.
Landcom’s Agency Information Guide, available on this page, explains how you can request information from Landcom. This includes how to make both informal requests for information and formal GIPA access applications.
Landcom’s GIPA access application form can be used to formally request information and can be submitted either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
The Right to Information Officer, Landcom
PO Box 237
Parramatta NSW 2124.
You don’t have to use our access application form, but it helps to ensure your request meets the GIPA Act requirements for formal access applications which include that the application must:
- Be in writing and addressed to Landcom
- Indicate that it is an application under the GIPA Act
- Include payment of the $30 application fee, which can be paid via Eftpos, cheque or money order - please see the form for more information
- Include state the name of the applicant and a postal address or email address for correspondence
- Include as much information as possible to enable us to identify the government information that you are requesting.
For further information
To find out more about the information we provide or how to request additional information, you can contact the Right to Information Officer at Landcom:
Phone: (02) 9841 8600
Address: PO Box 237, Parramatta NSW 2124
Further information is also available from the following external websites: