Landcom General

What does Landcom do?

Landcom is a state-owned corporation, wholly owned by the New South Wales Government. We develop and market home-sites and create new residential communities on vacant land and in established sites.

Is Landcom based in any other states?

No, Landcom only operates in New South Wales.

Are you part of HousingNSW?


Do you offer assistance for non-English speakers?

Landcom provides an interpreter and translation service for our clients. If you need an interpreter phone 131450 and quote Landcom as the client. This is a 24-hour service. If you would like more information, click here.

There was an article in the newspaper on Landcom, who can I talk to about it?

The General Manager, Marketing, is responsible for all media comment and enquiries, who can be reached by calling (02) 9841 8600.

How do I apply for jobs at Landcom?

Visit our careers page.

Where can I obtain copies of Landcom’s Annual Report, GIPA publications and other important publications?

Click here to get started.


Buying from Landcom

What are the advantages of purchasing land with Landcom?

It’s simple – we design communities with people in mind. So when you purchase with Landcom, you’re buying much more than a vacant block of land, you’re buying into a masterplanned community – somewhere you will be proud to call home.

What do I do to register my interest for property in a particular area?

Call the Landcom sales office closest to the area you are interested in buying into and register your name on a database.

How long does it take to develop land?

Developing land can be a complicated and long process. The time it takes will depend on which stage of the development process you are talking about as well as many other factors that may be outside our control, such as the weather.

I want to buy a house and land package. Who do I talk to?

Talk to Landcom sales consultants who will be happy to help you. Click here for more information.

When making a payment to Landcom, who do I make the cheque out to?


Can I lease property from Landcom?

Landcom is generally not in the business of leasing property.

What is a masterplan?

All Landcom estates are ‘masterplanned’ developments. Masterplanning is a process that takes place from the beginning of a project to ensure that the original vision for your community is ultimately realised. Masterplans can include provision for parks, play areas, shops, schools, streets and transport.

I live next door to a reserve, and the grass is too long what can be done about it? Who owns it?

Councils are usually responsible for maintaining local parks and reserves. If you have any enquiries about parks and reserves in your area, you should contact your local Council in the first instance.

Now that I’ve bought my land – am I free to build my dream home?

Absolutely! Although in some cases, there may be design guidelines for your estate that you will need to follow.

What are design guidelines?

Design guidelines safeguard the natural environment in which you live and promote a sociable and attractive community. They are intended to improve the visual appeal, functionality and overall environment of your new community. They can also help protect the long-term value of your home.

Landcom design guidelines often include simple building and landscaping criteria which we encourage you to follow when you build your home in one of our estates. When applied at a neighbourhood level, design guidelines exert a positive influence on the overall design and appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas within your estate. In other words, they promote neighbourhoods that work together with the environment – neighbourhoods that your family can enjoy for many years to come.

I want to put up a Colorbond fence on my property, how do I know I can do that?

The contract for sale of land to you will usually specify whether or not you can erect a Colorbond fence.

How do design guidelines improve my neighbourhood?

We’re committed to creating better communities through the promotion of good urban design and environmentally responsible development.

Our aim is to develop attractive and functional neighbourhoods that you and your family will enjoy well into the future. Our design guidelines are there to help protect the value of your neighbourhood and your home while also being environmentally friendly.

In some instances, Landcom will offer rebates to residents who comply with our guidelines (refer to FAQs for ‘rebates, bonuses, first homebuyers grant & land tax’).

I have bought a corner block of land from Landcom, can I put a fence up?

You should check with the provisions in the contract of sale.

What are BASIX guidelines?

The NSW Government has introduced compulsory minimum guidelines, including requirements governing water and energy use in new homes, to improve their design and longer term sustainability. BASIX is a building sustainability index which supports the guidelines. These guidelines apply to all new residential developments in NSW.

Your builder will help you manage this process to ensure your home complies.

What is Section 14A?

You should ask your solicitor to contact Landcom’s Legal Section on (02) 9841 8600 for further advice.

Do I have to make an appointment for Exchanges or Settlements?

Contact Landcom’s Legal Section to make an appointment on (02) 9841 8600 or click here.


Rebates, bonuses, first homebuyers grant & land tax

What is a Landscape rebate?

In some estates, Landcom may provide a ‘landscape rebate’, in the form of a cash payment, to speed up the process of landscaping, driveways, fencing etc. The size of the rebate varies and is advertised at the time land in the estate is released for sale.

Who do I talk to about Landscape rebates?

If you have bought a block of land from Landcom where a rebate system applies, you should speak to the sales consultant who you dealt with for the purchase.

How long does it take to process my rebate?

If a landscape rebate is applicable, you should claim your rebate as soon as you have finished landscaping your property. The processing time will vary from claim to claim.

Where do I go to get my first home owners grant?

You should contact the Office of State Revenue, the state agency responsible for administering the first home-owners grant.


Information for Contractors

I am a contractor, how do I get on the list for tenders?

Landcom pre-qualifies contractors for civil works, landscape works and project management services. If you want to be registered with Landcom as a pre-qualified contractor, you will first need to provide us with adequate information for assessment. For further details, contact Landcom’s Quality & Contract Officer on (02) 9841 8600.

Are tenders open to the general public?

We usually advertise for tenders for the development of land. Click here to view current tender opportunities with Landcom.